This woman is so interesting.
1. She has elected to live in a psychiatric hospital for the past 38 years because of her hallucinations, but still remained a force in the art world.
2. She has worked with Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton.
3. She influenced Andy Warhol.
4. Believes polka dots are representative of everything on earth, sun, moon, earth, being that they are circular.
5. She broke a record at Christie’s for the highest sale at 5.1 million, for a piece of art from a living female artist.
6. She offered to have wild sex with Richard Nixon if he would end the Vietnam war…lol
7. Had her own fashion line.
I mean, she has had a really full life for living in a psychiatric hospital? These are only a few examples of the things she has accomplished, it’s motivating to me in a strange way…especially given where she resides. I think I’m going to polk-a-dot a tree in my backyard this spring and call it my Kusama tree to remind me of what is possible no matter where you are…